The scope for the track includes all services for complete track projects of all mainline, regional and connecting railways as well as private, urban and underground railways and tramways. With highest quality standards and intelligent project management, we ensure maximum results from a single source within the shortest possible timeframe.
Tracks and points
With our qualified employees, modern technology and rolling stock, we undertake ballast cleaning and renewal work as well as the repair and renewal of rails, sleepers and points, both conventionally and by using conveyor belt methods.
Track renewal using conveyor belt methods
Ballast cleaning and renewal using conveyor belt methods
Formation rehabilitation with ballast cleaning and renewal using conveyor belt methods
- Renewal and repair of points
- Renewal of tramway, urban and underground railway tracks
- Renewal of level crossings with approved systems
A proper substructure ensures the longevity of the track. When laying the formation protection layer, either conventionally or using conveyor-belt methods, we create a reliable substructure for every requirement; including the corresponding drainage systems, cable ducts and crossings. In-house geologists ensure the quality of our work results, even in difficult soil conditions.
- Removal and placement of soils
- Formation works
- Laying geotextiles and protective layers
- Complete underground drainage
- Construction of manholes, pipes and cable ducts in all approved sizes
Positionally stable, continuous tracks and points ensure rail traffic that is gentle on the wheels and low noise. We therefore use aluminothermic (AS), arc welding jointing and deposit welding using electric (E) and E-MF processes and the making of Münch-thermite (MT) insulated rail joints.
- Rail machining for maintenance and prevention
- Rail machining for new positioning
- Welding using the AS method
- Arc connection welding using the E or E-MF method
- Arc welding using the E or E-MF method
- Production of MT insulated rail joints
- Construction and maintenance of positionally stable, continuous tracks and points
Rail Inspection Technology
We work throughout Germany and Europe for nondestructive testing (NDT), rail technology services and quality monitoring for rail processing for inspection and documentation of the operational safety of tracks and points.
- VT: Visual Testing
- UT: Ultrasonic Testing
- ET: Eddy Current Testing
- PT: Penetrant Testing
- MT: Magnetic Testing
Track technology monitoring (824.5010; 824.8210; 824.8310)
- Monitoring and implementation of the production of complete tracks and points.
- Monitoring, acceptance and documentation of all track welding work and rail processing.
Track management & safety services
The safety requirements for railway construction sites are high. We face this challenge and undertake all safety and traffic control measures within the track area. By merging our track construction and safety know-how, we continuously develop existing safety systems and bring these to market. An example is FATWS, a reduced noise construction site safety innovation we invented in-house.
- Traffic management & safety measures for railway system construction sites
- Safety and traffic management supervisors
- Level crossing attendants
- Railway earth electrodes
- Switching applicants
- Operation, installation and service for Automatic warning systems (ATWS), leasing
- Sale and leasing of fixed barrier (FA)
- Signal provision/sale
- Qualified technical employees
- Work train drivers
- Snow clearance service
- Vegetation work
- Installation/dismantling of fixed barriers
Construction site service
An important part of our track expertise is our special services for infrastructure operators, for the operators of rail vehicles and companies in the railway construction segment.
In addition to our 24/7 emergency management service, we also service, maintain and repair track-laying machines, track-laying equipment, locomotives, and overhead line installation vehicles in our workshops or on construction sites. The performance of inspections, reconditioning and modernising rail vehicles and locomotives complement our range of services.
In the winter months our winter service clears snow and ice from railway systems. We ensure reliable clearance of tracks and point with annual contracts.
- Day and night standby for accidents and emergencies on rail infrastructure and on railway construction sites
- Provision of equipment and machines and personnel for repairing damaged railway facilities to restore track availability
- Servicing, maintenance and repair of track-laying machines, track-laying equipment, locomotives, vehicles for overhead line installation
- Technical modifications and new build work on machines and equipment
- Carrying out inspections
- Reconditioning and modernisation of railway vehicles and locomotives
- Repair of track-laying machines and instructing personnel directly on the construction site
- 24/7 Standby service for repairs to machines, equipment and locomotives on the construction sites
- Removal of ice and snow from railway facilities
- Permanent standby service during the winter months for clearing the tracks and points in case of snowfall and icy weather
- Conclusion of seasonal agreements for snow clearance service